Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Post your prayer requests here

This post is for people to post prayer requests related to the storm. Just click on the comments to add a request to the list...or to read the prayer requests.

Here are a couple from me (Doug):
  • Pray for my Dad. He did not evacuate. He lives in Gentilly and I am sure his house is under water. We have not heard from him. Please pray for his safety.
  • Pray for our students, especially our high school seniors. Pray that God will give wisdom to families as they try to figure out how what to do about their children's education. I know of a couple of families who are seriously considering enrolling their children (Seniors) in school in other cities so that they can graduate on time.

4 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just talked to Steven Foster (former youth pastor at Berean) up in New Jersey. He said that he spoke with Bob & Pam VanHouten on Sunday night. They were not evacuating. They live in Algiers Point, which appears to have fared well during the storm, but we have no word on them. Please pray for them. If anyone has heard from them, please let us know.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Doug said...

MY DAD IS OKAY! He was able to call collect to my brother Damien from the Airport. Appparently his house took in about 4-5 feet of water on Monday (it's a raised house, which means there was probably 7-8 feet outside), they spent the evening in the attic and were rescued by boat on Tuesday morning. They spent Tuesday night in the Superdome and were helicoptered over to the Airport yesterday. Apparently they will be evacuated out by plane rather than bus because they have two elderly women in their party (Debbie's mom and aunt).

Anyway, they are safe. Thanks for your prayers!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pray for my mom. She is a nurse who was working at Mercy Hospital Sunday. She stayed to help while the rest of the family fled to Sulfur. I haven't heard from her since early Monday morning. I think she was transported to Houston, but I still haven't been able to get info. Thanks.
Shannon Phillips

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! I found my mother. She called my brother last night. She was evacuated to Atlanta. My brother said that she sounded tired and didn't talk much. Please continue to pray for her. From other reports that I've had she may have been in the hospital working with hospice patients for several days. Please pray for her physical, spiritual, emotional, etc. health. I'm going to try and get her asap. Thanks again.
Shannon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home