Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

Hey there! Well we seem to have a little something brewing up in the gulf. I’ll try to update this blog as best I can throughout the next couple of days, or weeks. Hopefully just days. Here is an update with what’s going on with me. I drove in Friday afternoon with my roommate. I left my car up at school in Hammond. Jonathan drove in after the LSU game. We’ve been packing up the essentials and moving things up stairs. Mom, Dad, Jonathan, Cubby and me will leave for Pearl, MS (right outside of Jackson) around 2 or 3am. Our hotel is right next to the Bass Pro Shop, looking forward to that! From the things I’m hearing it not looking to good for the Westbank. Oh well, whatever happens, happens. God is in control. I can’t help to thing about our Africa trip this year and all the kids I met there, and the state of their houses. I’m so blessed to have a nice house, my own car, a computer, all those things. And if I come back and my house has however many feet of water in it....it will be ok. It was all in God’s plan. Just like Katrina was in the plan. And we have seen great things come from that, people getting saved, people growing closer to God. Not to mention the amazing work teams. I personally got the chance to meet hundreds of people from around the country that came here to help the city. I’ve made so many friends in the past 3 years. It’s so cool to see people come to nola and go home changed. Well I’m gonna go finish up my packing, and do some praying. If you need anything you can send me an email SamIam0911@yahoo.com .

Sam

2 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger -C said...

hip hip hooray here we go again. ;)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Dorothy H. said...

Two of my teens were there a few weeks ago with the SayreWoods Bible Church team; please know that we are praying for Berean and New Orleans. Stay safe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home