Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Big Week

Wow, what a great week! I’m not really sure how we pulled it off. Suburban Bible Church from Highland, IN brought over 100 people down to help with hurricane relief. This is by far the biggest group we have had since we started this ministry. They arrived on Monday morning, put their bags away and were off to their work site by noon.

Suburban Bible Church


Taking a break from gutting a house

I told them to smile, haha

Doug Livingston, a missionary that Berean supports, gave the sermon last Sunday. He was talking about how we have to put our trust is God, with everything. I thought it was so appropriate with the week we had coming up. With over 160 people (including Wilshire Baptist) I was getting worried that jobs would not work out how I planed. We did have some homeowners cancel at the last second but it all work out beacuse it was part of God's Plan. He knew where He wanted these people. The jobs that we had to schedule at the last second ended up working out fine. I had nothing to worry about, I just had to put my trust in God that His will would be done and everything worked out fine!


House gut job in the 9th ward

Taking a second to pose for a picture

Installing doors

This week Bemiss UMC from Georgia, Living Stones from Colorado and Seddon Baptist from Alabama will be helping with Katrina relief. Their jobs this week include painting, removing floors, working at the New Orleans Mission and Fischer Camp. Please keep these groups, leaders and homeowners in your prayers this week.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger BBreger said...

Whooo! Thanks so much for your hard work guys! Suburban really enjoys working with you & so do I! =]

Love,
Britney

 

Post a Comment

<< Home