Monday, September 01, 2008

Sam Update

Whats happening, well here is a little update from me. We decided to leave NOLA earlier then we had planned. We got on the road about 10pm. We arrived in Jackson, MS around 3am. Not bad. We got to our hotel and saw signs posted everywhere say No pets allowed, NO EXCEPTIONS. As you can imagine, It brought me to tears. They said this last time, when we evacuated for Katrina, then they told us we could bring him in our room. But this hotel opened 5 days ago, and they have white comforters, so mom didn't see that happening this time. I prayed, I know God is in control. I kept telling mom... watch tomorrow they are gonna change the rules. I just know it. I told her not to worry. Dad slept in his company van with Cubby. What a good man. We got to bed around 5am and woke up 8am. Mom and Dad brought Cubby to a vet where they boarded him. I always get sad to leave Cubby and it puts stress on mom and dad when im upset. Around early afternoon the replaced all the "No Pet" signs with "Only pets 25lbs or smaller" Mom went to the front desk and talked to the man and talked to him, Cubby should be around 25lbs, hes just really fat :) He said it was their headquarter policy, it wasn't up to him. Then i punched him in the face. Im just kidding. My mom asked about federal laws, he said yes, if she could find it, he would call him manger and tell him. then she started to tear up and the man told her he could stay with us! YAYYYY. God is good! Just something as small as having Cubby with us has made everything so much better. Less stress, less tears! Im so happy.
I just stayed in bed all day, occasionally dozing off. When I woke up i felt like i was at home, then i heard the tv with the news on. I just couldn't believe this is happening again. its crazy to me.
We walked over to the Bass Pro Shop, really cool. They have a shooting range arcade type game. That will be good if we need to blow off some steam later. haha We are also right across the street from the Mississippi Braves baseball field. They are a AA team. Jon and Dad went to the game last night, they had discounted tickets for LA residents.
Just laying in bed right now watching the news. Everytime they say Westbank or Harvey Canal we turn the tv really loud, and yell at everybody to shut up. Or ill punch them in the face...just kidding.
Im going crazy with my camera being broken, but im taking lots of video, can wait to make a DVD! I took these with my phone at the Bass Pro Shop.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home