Tuesday, September 27, 2005

join us this Sunday

Hello Everyone! The good Lord willing, we are going to have our first worship service (post Katrina) at the church this Sunday (October 2nd) at 10:30! Everyone in N.O. now and everyone within 250 miles is invited to attend! We will sing together because...we need to! We will have communion together because....we need to! As far as the worship, I can play the drums but anyone else who can play anything, and will be there, let me know asap. The Lord has burdened my heart to preach on who HE IS! I'm tired of hearing about Mother Nature and the personification of Katrina. I actually heard one commentator say it was a living "being"! People need to worship the Lord of creation, not the creation. God sent Katrina and Rita because He purposed to and is sovereign! If you can, bring a lunch and some work clothes and we can clean up some after the service. I know it's the Lord's Day but hey, if your ox is in the ditch...and believe me, ours IS! Hope to see you there, if at all possible. Can't wait to hug you! See "ya' all" real soon, again....the Lord willing!

All our love,
Pastor Brad & Julie

1 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pastor,

My name is Iris A McCollam and I live in Lusby Maryland. I am part of the SAYSF Bible Church congregation. I was reading your posting and you make me laugh and at the same time I wanted to cry not of sadness but of joy. I can see Gods grace even in difficult times and on sunday around 11am we were praying and praising the Lord for your first services after Katrina. My heart and my prayers go to you and the Berean Church. God is faithful and I can see it true of all you.

God Bless you
Iris A. McCollam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home