Monday, September 12, 2005

Chainsaw Brigade

I don't know about you, but I am chomping at the bit to begin restoring our homes. We want take the first steps towards normalcy...so this weekend on Friday and Saturday (September 16& 17) we are organizing a chainsaw brigade to starting cutting up the fallen trees in people's lawns. We also plan on tarping roofs while we are there.

We are going to try to get as many people together from the Baton Rouge area to join us so that we go as many houses as possible. If you can come, bring whatever supplies you can get your hands on. We will try to locate as much supplies as possible here in Baton Rouge. We will provide more details later this week, but I can tell you that we will meet here in Baton Rouge, drive into the city for the day and then come back around nightfall. We are not planning on spending Friday night in New Orleans.

If you are evacuated to another city and want to join us for the weekend in Baton Rouge. Let me know, I will be happy to find a place for you to stay in Baton Rouge for a couple of nights.

Please contact me (at 504-975-7570) to let me know if you can join us.

Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home